Water Damage Services In Los Angeles, California
Emergency Water Damage Service
Water damage is one of the most common problems a homeowner deals with at times. Undetected leaks is a big problem and should never be ignored. Water damage can occur anywhere and anytime, you can have an issue in your kitchen, laundry room, upstairs bathroom, basement, and the list goes on.
Most individuals will mop up the mess, set up a fan and call it a day with their quick cleanup methods. What's not visible to the naked eye is what homeowners should be concerned about. While cleaning up the visible wet area won't resolve the problem, its what you don't see that causes huge problems.
Water is a seeper and will go to places that is not visible to the naked eye, causing secondary damages if not properly treated. Not only will you cause physical damage to your property, but even worse, can cause health issues and other hazardous situations. Be sure to take it very seriously and address the situation quickly to avoid secondary damages and expenses.
Quick Response For Water Damage Services in Los Angeles California, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Our team at SERVPRO of Carson/West Carson stay ready to respond around the clock to your emergency service needs. We have emergency dispatchers ready to call our certified technicians to help when help is needed. 24/7/365 we can be reached at
Confirmed COVID Disinfecting Services For Commercial Facilities
Confirmed COVID disinfecting services
While getting tested is essential to identify the people who are positive for COVID, SERVPRO of Carson/ West Carson is doing their part by offering preventative cleaning and disinfecting services for commercial properties and work spaces.
If you need a tailored cleaning program to meet your needs, look no more. SERVPRO of Carson/ West Carson is here to help.
When the stakes are high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation process over decades. Expertise born out of cleaning up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. SERVPRO of Carson/ West Carson reflects the unique experiences and capabilities of Americas #1 clean-up and restoration brand in SERVPRO.
If you need more information on how to hire us for cleanup and disinfecting services for COVID, please reach out to us at (310) 637-7701
Miami-Dade Mayor Carlos Gimenez held a virtual news conference Friday morning in anticipation of Hurricane Isaias moving toward Florida's coastline. While many of us will be unaffected by the eastern weather, it's always good to know how you would react in the given situation.
Combined with the COVID pandemic, expect danger zones to be closed down and even evacuated. There's no point in sticking around as you will just be putting yourself in harm's way!
Be sure to lock things up and stock up on the necessary goods to stay alive. On the west coast, we can help out by sending supplies or clean up crews to affected areas. This is something that SERVPRO of Redondo Beach has participated in during past disasters.
If you have any questions or concerns don't hesitate to reach out!
Water Damage Repair
If you find yourself experiencing water damage in your household, immediately contact SERVPRO of Redondo Beach. These matters should be dealt with professionally!
In the case that the damage is minor and you are set on doing it yourself, here are a few things to keep in mind:
1. Identify mold. This is key because it can be toxic to humans if left alone. In minor situations, cut the affected area, bag it, and throw it away.
2. Dry the affected area. You may need to purchase special equipment for this, but it's important to circulate air through the area.
3. Disinfect. The most common solution is bleach. This is to ensure there are no remaining mold spores.
4. Now you can focus on repairing things such as drywall and baseboard.
We do not suggest attempting to fix water damage yourself as it is very dangerous, these were just some guidelines to those who want to anyway.
Please contact SERVPRO of Redondo Beach with any questions or concerns.
The Coronavirus pandemic continues to rage on as citizens begin to return to their normal lives. Whether or not we should be making this return is a topic for another time. Right now we want to make sure we have the safest possible environment of which to make our return.
SERVPRO offers a high quality disinfectant service known as Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned (CSC). You can be sure your home or work area will be fully sanitized after this process is complete. Businesses all over the world are taking precautions to protect the people.
If this is something you're interested in, don't hesitate to contact your local SERVPRO.
SERVPRO of Redondo Beach is here for you 24/7 to help make it "Like it never even happened."
Storm Damage Prevention
Storms and powerful wind gusts can cause major damage so it's wise to be fully prepared for such an occasion.
Counting the seconds between seeing lightning and hearing thunder can be a last resort method of figuring out if you're in immediate danger. Every 3 seconds is equal to roughly 1 mile.
Here are a few steps to take for ensuring your safety:
1. Secure or take inside patio furniture
2. Don't stand near windows or doorways
3. Unplug all electrical devices
4. If hail is present, put a thick blanket over your car if you can't move it to your garage.
These are just a few safety tips to follow, but they will help you survive these disastrous situations.
If you have any questions or need restoration work done, be sure to have your local SERVPRO information at the ready.
We're here 24/7
Grease Fire: How To Properly Handle a Grease Fire in Your Kitchen
Cooking at home with your family or loved ones is a great time but can be dangerous if you don't know what you're doing. As a matter of fact, cooking causes over 160,000 structure fires annually. Cooking is considered the number one cause of home fires and home injuries. Often, these fires are set because of grease fires in the kitchen.
In an effort to keep your home and community safe, please share these tips with friends and family. Knowing how to respond quickly could be the difference between a minor kitchen fire and a devastating disaster.
If A Grease Fire Starts:
- Do not attempt to move the pot or pan outside.
- Do not try to extinguish the fire with water because it would only make it worse.
- Turn off the heat source
- Cover the flames with a metal lid or cookie sheet.
- If its a smaller fire, pour baking soda on top of fire.
- Call SERVPRO of Carson/ West Carson at 310- 637-7701 to help with your insurance claim and restoration work.
Fourth of July Safety
The Fourth of July is just around the corner and we know how much people love their fireworks! Here are some safety tips to make sure you have the best possible time without hurting anyone.
1. Make sure to check for firework bans in your city
2. Store all fireworks in a cool, dry place
3. Make sure the area is clear before shooting off any fireworks
4. Light one at a time and move away when it lights
5. Always have water at the ready
6. After ~20 minutes, soak firework duds in water before throwing them in the trash
If you follow these tips you have a much better chance of having a safe, fun time with your fireworks!
In the event of an emergency, be sure to have SERVPRO of Carson/ West Carson contact information at the ready.
We're here 24/7/365
Preventing Water Damage
Water damage can occur at any time if we aren't sufficiently prepared. Here are some tips to make sure your chances of staying dry are maximized.
1. Disconnect your hoses. Standing water in a hose can cause a backup or freeze in cold conditions. This may result in burst pipes or damaged foundations.
2. Clean your gutters. If your gutters become blocked, they no longer serve any purpose. Make sure you clean them out twice a year.
3. Know where your water shut off valve is. Turn it off immediately in emergency situations. Also, remember to turn it off if you leave for extended periods of time.
4. Check your appliances. Make sure there are no leaks coming from things such as your refrigerator or dishwasher.
5. Monitor your water bill. Sometimes you won't know if you have a leak until you see a spike in your payments.
These are just some tips to help you avoid water damage. If you do have water damage, be sure to contact your local SERVPRO.
We're open 24/7
Mitigating Commercial Water Damage
Water damage can be straight forward to deal with in a small home. But when it strikes a big commercial building, it can be disastrous. For example, critical documents and equipment can be destroyed in the process. Here are 5 steps to prevent water damage in your property.
1. Research. In some areas, there are flood and sewer back-up prevention programs that are tax-deductible for business owners.
2. Hire a professional to conduct regular inspections. You never know what you might find!
3. Locate shut off valves. This is important in an emergency and every employee should know where they are.
4. Keep valuables secure. Make sure important items can be put inside a waterproof cabinet of some sort.
5. Have a Plan B. If the unthinkable happens, consider having a temporary office space you can continue working out of.
If you do experience water damage in your commercial property, be sure to contact your local SERVPRO.
Were here for you 24/7