Prevent Storm Damage to Your Property
Preparation is key! If we don't take the time and effort to inspect our property surroundings, we can be dealing with costly maintenance issue's. Heavy rains and strong winds can cause destruction, we all know mother nature isn't a force to be reckoned with.
Here are 5 tips you can do today to prevent damage to your home.
- Have your roof inspected every year: Inspecting your roof for any flaws is crucial. By doing so, you can save yourself thousands of dollars by preventing more costly damages when heavy rain comes in.
- Know how to shut off utilities: When a heavy storm comes around, you may have to shut off your utilities. Make sure where these utilities are located and how to properly shut them off.
- Clean your gutters: If your gutters aren't clear and heavy rain kicks in, you could have high risk of water damage to your home.
- Inspect the foundation of your home: Water creeps and will find its way into your property if cracks or gaps are surrounding the area. Inspect for any signs of cracks and gaps around your home to prevent water intrusion to your property.
- Dead trees and untrimmed branches: Inspect your yards for old/dead trees that need maintenance. The last thing you want is a 20 foot tree coming down crashing to your property due to heavy winds and heavy rain.