Storm Preparedness Tips
When Los Angeles is about to be face to face with a rainstorm its crucial to be prepared for the worst! Mother nature is unpredictable and can cause severe damages to our lives if not properly prepared.
Below is some storm preparedness tips to keep you ready for the worst.
- Discuss your family emergency plan. Put together a list of things each member of the family needs in the event of a catastrophic storm
- Download the Flood Safety app and other Red Cross apps on your smartphones
- Have sandbags ready
- Be sure to have all your drains cleared and free from debris to avoid water damage in your homes.
- Remove valuables from from low lying areas where flooding is likely to occur.
- Examine your windows and entrance doors to ensure that water cant seep into your property.
- Inspect your attics for signs of leaks
- Learn to safely turn off your electricity, gas, and water
- Prepare an emergency supply kit (food, water, batteries, flashlights, blankets, first aid kit)
- Identify safe routes if you need to be evacuated from your property.
These are just some ideas on how to be better prepared for the worst. We don't see too much rain in Los Angeles but when it rains it pours.