Carson California Prepare For The Hot Summer
As summer approaches, it is time to consider safety precautions for extreme heat in the coming months. Heat affect all people, but especially the young, elderly, sick, and overweight. Heat storms can be overwhelming at times and its always good to know some tips on how to prepare for extreme heat.
DID YOU KNOW?
It is NEVER safe to leave a baby, toddler, disabled person, or pet locked in a car. On average, 37 children die from heat related deaths from being trapped inside vehicles.
Extreme Heat Safety tips to Prepare Your Home
- Install window air conditioners snugly; insulate if necessary.
- Check air- conditioning ducts for proper insulation.
- Install temporary window reflectors, such as aluminum foil- covered cardboard, to reflect heat back outside.
- Weather- strip doors and sills to keep cool air in.
- Cover windows that receive morning or afternoon sun with drapes, shades, awnings, or louvers.