Storm Survival Kit
In the event of a storm emergency, it's important to have some essential supplies around your house. Here's a small, but important list to get started:
1. Water. Probably the most important thing to have. FEMA recommends having a storage of 1 gallon per person per day.
2. Food. Non-perishables will be your best friend here. Examples include canned vegetables and soup.
3. Battery-powered or hand-cranked tools. Ideally, this includes flashlights and radios.
4. First aid kit. You never know when an injury will occur so be sure to have some medical supplies on hand!
5. Sleeping bags. Keeping warm and being able to sleep is extremely important in emergency situations. Check to see if you have some spare blankets laying around.
6. Cash. In the event of a catastrophe, the cash you have on you may be the only currency you have for some time. It doesn't have to be thousands of dollars, but hundreds is definitely a safe bet.
These are just some things to keep in mind for emergencies, the list of things you want is much longer. But don't be discouraged, this is a great start if you have these things!
As always, SERVPRO is here if you have any questions.